Former President Donald Trump tore into President Joe Biden in a statement on Sunday – insisting that its time for the Democrat to resign amid his most embarrassing failure to date.
Trump blasted the massive disaster created by Biden in allowing the Taliban to fully take control of Afghanistan.
“What Joe Biden has done with Afghanistan is legendary. It will go down as one of the greatest defeats in American history!” Trump said.
Trump said it was time for Sleepy Joe To step down as president, not only because of his Afghanistan debacle, but also due to a number of his other catastrophic failures.
“It is time for Joe Biden to resign in disgrace for what he has allowed to happen to Afghanistan, along with the tremendous surge in COVID, the Border catastrophe, the destruction of energy independence, and our crippled economy.”
Trump also called out Biden yesterday in a statement over the situation in Afghanistan, saying that the entire situation was a “disgrace”:
“Joe Biden gets it wrong every time on foreign policy, and many other issues. Everyone knew he couldn’t handle the pressure. Even Obama’s Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, said as much.”
“He ran out of Afghanistan instead of following the plan our Administration left for him — a plan that protected our people and our property, and ensured the Taliban would never dream of taking our Embassy or providing a base for new attacks against America. The withdrawal would be guided by facts on the ground.”
“After I took out ISIS, I established a credible deterrent. That deterrent is now gone. The Taliban no longer has fear or respect for America, or America’s power.”
“What a disgrace it will be when the Taliban raises their flag over America’s Embassy in Kabul. This is complete failure through weakness, incompetence, and total strategic incoherence.”
Biden attempted to cast blame for the Afghanistan failure on Trump, claiming that the Taliban overran the country because he “inherited a deal cut by [his] predecessor.”
“Shortly before he left office, he also drew U.S. Forces down to a bare minimum of 2,500,” Biden added. “Therefore, when I became President, I faced a choice — follow through on the deal, with a brief extension to get our Forces and our allies’ Forces out safely, or ramp up our presence and send more American troops to fight once again in another country’s civil conflict.”
The world, however, knows that the responsibility for this embarrassing loss falls strictly on Joe Biden.
Foreign policy experts pushed back on Biden’s statement, saying that he owned the situation.
Mike Pompeo, the former director of the CIA and secretary of state, suggested in an interview last week that Trump allegedly had a different plan for how to withdraw from Afghanistan.
“I don’t know exactly what they are doing, but we had conditions attached to how we were thinking about this withdrawal — I was part of those negotiations,” Pompeo said.
“I was also in the room when President Trump made very clear to Mullah Baradar, the senior Taliban negotiator, that if you threatened an American, if you scared an American, certainly if you hurt an American, that we would bring all American power to bear to make sure that we went to your village, to your house. We were very clear about the things we were prepared to do to protect American lives. And indeed, since we began those negotiations back in February of 2020, there wasn’t a single American killed by the Taliban. We had established a deterrence model.”
Author: Tory Wellen